Odom, 36, left the hospital last week after being laid up since he was found unconscious in October.
Former NBA star Lamar Odom won’t be charged for cocaine possession in the drug and alcohol-fueled binge that nearly killed him, officials said Monday.
Prosecutors in Nye County, Nev., where Odom was found frothing at the mouth and unconscious at a brothel in October, have decided not to file any charges against him.
The county sheriff’s office recommended charging him with “use of, or under the influence of, a controlled substance,” Nye County District Attorney Angela Bello told the Daily News in November.
But on Monday, Bello appeared to reverse course: “Based on the present evidence and surrounding circumstances, the Nye County District Attorney’s office has decided not to bring drug charges against Lamar Odom,” she said.
“Although the evidence showed Mr. Odom had metabolized cocaine in his system while he was present in Nye County in October of 2015, he was not found in the possession of cocaine and it is unlikely it could established beyond a reasonable doubt he actually ingested, or was impaired by, the drug during the time he was within the jurisdiction of Nye County.”
Lamar Odom, shown in a 2013 file photo, fell into a coma in October after a drug-fueled binge at a Nevada brothel.
Prostitutes at the legal Love Ranch heard Odom snorting something in a bathroom attached to the room where they discovered him close to death Oct. 13, according to a search warrant affidavit.
Odom, 36, fell into a coma and didn’t leave the hospital until Wednesday. He’s now receiving treatment at a private rehab facility set up for him by his estranged wife Khloe Kardashian.
Follow on Twitter @tobysalkc